Research has shown using this service saves companies up to 30 percent annually.
Did you know that printing and copying costs are seldom tracked or strategized in the American business world? Most companies have no idea exactly how much they spend on paper, toner, equipment repairs and troubleshooting, or on other issues related to managing their printer fleets (printers, fax machines, copiers, and scanners).
Well, Hungate Business Services is here to say: “The truth will set you free.”
Analyses by trusted research firms, such as Gartner Inc. and InfoTrends, have dissected the costs and uncovered the truth. It appears printing processes eat up as much as 3 percent of a typical company’s total revenue – making them the third largest expense businesses face annually after payroll and rent.
Below are other little-known stats that may also surprise you:
- Most businesses underestimate printing costs by as much as 40 percent.
- Nine out of 10 North American companies don’t track printing costs and have no what they are annually.
- For every dollar spent on printing, another $7 to $9 is spent on “other burdened costs,” such as IT support, procurement, user time, and document management processes.
- More than half (65 percent) of all documents printed get tossed or recycled within the next 24 hours.
- 23 percent of help-desk calls are related to fixing printing issues and take up 15 percent of help-desk time.
The fact is few companies understand how unbridled their printing costs are, and precious few know what steps are necessary for challenging the status quo.
We at Hungate suggest clients use Managed Print Services (MPS), which, according to Gartner (one of the research firms), can reduce company print costs by up to 30 percent. In addition, companies who embrace MPS also experience increased workflow efficiency, enhanced security, and improved sustainability within their businesses.
What Steps Hungate Takes to Help You Reduce Printing Costs
- We perform an audit. Your office is unique – and has a distinctive workflow. Our technicians will assess the equipment and processes you currently apply and determine how best to optimize those operations. This could be as simple as re-positioning equipment you already have. If an update is needed, we’re an authorized reseller of Xerox, Lexmark, and Konica Minolta and can guide you in making the best possible choice per your needs at lower per-unit pricing.
- We simplify printing processes. Hungate will make operations easier and less wasteful by establishing document routing rules for improving efficiency and workflow. For example, we can make sure scanned documents get delivered to their correct locations (email, file share, etc.) by using pre-programmed buttons on the copier interface.
- We track usage and strategize best practices. Today’s printing technology allows your equipment to report back to you important information – such as how much your equipment is used daily and for what purposes, and how much energy and ink toner were applied each time. Knowing these details will assist us (and you) in curtailing waste – making your work environment less costly, more efficient, and greener.
If you would like Hungate to do an audit of your current printing processes, call (276) 783-5442 or email our help desk at [email protected] We’ll work with you to save money and establish best practices in this area.